This recipe is from Elana’s Pantry I go to her site often for great healthy dessert options. One day, I was making this recipe for a party and wondered what these cookies would be like if I used Olive Oil.
The results were amazing! I made 2 batches; one with butter one with EVOO and my guests taste tested both cookies, over and over again until there were no more! Needless to say, both batches were gone quickly and were a hit!
Try them out both ways; you will not believe they are gluten-free!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter, room temperature – I used ½ cup of EVOO, choose a nice fruity EVOO like Franci’s Bio or Delicate.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda
- Pulse in butter or EVOO, vanilla, and maple syrup until dough forms
- Remove blade from processor and stir in chocolate chips by hand
- Scoop dough one level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- Press balls of dough down gently
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes (do not handle prior or cookies will break)